There are tons of web design companies that offer SEO to their clients. And although this is convenient for the client (in not having to deal with to vendors for both web design and SEO,) there's quite a gray area in what some web design firms think SEO is all about.
Sure, SEO does involve the basics like keyword optimizing page titles, Meta data, and page copy. However, this is only about 15% of the complete equation.
SEO has evolved significantly. That is, the old techniques that worked 1-2 years ago are now counter intuitive and can actually get your website penalized. So before you hire a SEO web design company to handle both your website's design and its SEO campaign, you'll want to make sure that you choose the right company to work with.
Characteristics of Quality SEO Web Design CompaniesSo what defines a quality SEO web design company? Below are some points to consider when shopping for a good provider for these services.
- Solid SEO web design companies are strategic content marketers who understand how to leverage Google Authorship, blogging and other forms of content creation.
- Proficient SEO web design firms staff highly-experienced website developers who know the best practices of SEO-friendly HTML coding
- Quality SEO web design companies are well-versed in social media marketing and how social influences organic SEO
- Trusted SEO web design firms provide ongoing support services in case of issues or website malfunctions
- Knowledge SEO web design providers will educate their clients on what they are doing, as well as what the client can do themselves to benefit the entire campaign
This blog post was contributed by Tyler Tafelsky, a five-year expert in organic SEO and website optimization.